Re: [ietf-dkim] "Best Before" vs. "expiration" date

2006-04-25 14:16:02
On 24 Apr 2006, at 5:09 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:

Validating messages
a priori does not do that.

True, but does it hurt to do so? If a recipient validates a message that has "expired", what is the harm to the recipient? The advatage, of course, is that they are now sure where the message came from; this is the same as in the normal, unexpired case.

There's nothing wrong with it, I don't think. It's just that they way the present text reads to me, if I am to follow the signer's wishes, it is to reject a priori. If we want different, we should just say so.

        Jon