Re: [ietf-dkim] dkim-base: _domainkey vs _dkim

2006-04-26 12:55:58

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Hector Santos wrote:

I could be wrong, but I thought the "plan" was to use _domainkey to offer some level of backward capability with Yahoo's Domainkey TXT lookup, and when an official RR type number for DKIM is assigned called DKK and we can then switch to subdomain _dkim for DKIM binary RR lookups. At which point, the semantics of section 3.6.2.2 kicks in.

  DKK RR Lookup  <selector>._dkim.<domain>
  if fail:
     TXT RR Lookup  <selector>._domainkey.<domain>

That would be a better way for the future.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks