Re: [ietf-dkim] r= for instilling good domain-name practices

2006-04-29 16:25:24
The text for the r= parameter indicated that as the number increases,
the recommended annotation levels made by the signer also increase.

Indeed, but we still have no idea how that translates into making a
reputation decision.

The assurance being made by the signer has _nothing_ to due with
reputation.  This r= parameter relates to annotation recommendations
made by the signing domain for a particular message.

Oh, in that case, I have no interest in r values less than infinity, and I
don't think anyone else should, either.  If a signer isn't prepared to
take responsibility for the mail they sign, they have no business signing
it.

R's,
John