Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: What the verifier can do

2006-04-30 12:27:04
Tony Hansen wrote:

Paul Hoffman wrote:
Fully agree, but that doesn't lead to the conclusion that the verifier
*cannot* use heuristics (one of which might be the value of x=) to try
to get the signature to validate.

So, let's have that examination now.

I know that Michael Thomas was doing some work along these lines, to see
how resilient you could be to changes incurred through a mailing list.

Yep, and in fact I only compute exactly one message hash that I do the
RSA verify with, not multiple. Which isn't to say that other heuristics might
require more than one.

I have to say that I'm a little confused by this thread. Nobody's suggesting
that we change the spec to include any of this are they?

      Mike