RE: [ietf-dkim] Considerations for Development of DKIM Policy Language

2006-06-15 21:09:18
At 6:20 PM -0700 6/15/06, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
 > Section 3.1, paragraph 2: What do you mean by "constant recourse"?

The requirement to have a policy record for each protocol approved by the DNSEXT working group.

Is that documented anywhere? I ask because we have a strong argument against the need for it, namely that we have created our own unambiguous namespace with the _domainkey label for the base protocol and the _policy for the now-expired SSP protocol. If "_policy" is too loaded, the label could be changed to "_dkim_policy".

Unless there is a good technical reason why we can't use our own definition of structured TXT records in our own protected namespace (and none have been offered), we shouldn't even start thinking about using new RRtypes.