Re: [ietf-dkim] Base-02 //Deprecated Signature Version & New List

2006-06-22 11:19:38
Eric Allman wrote:

(3) Wasn't the issue of downgrade attacks discussed in Dallas and resolved on the list? In specific, it was issue 1196 (Upgrade indication and protection against downgrade attacks). As near as I can tell, the exact same issues that Doug is raising were discussed in this issue, and a frankly much more elegant approach was proposed. Why is this issue alive again?

That was my recollection too. Mark proposed something a long while back
which seemed like it would work, but the consensus was that we didn't need
the complexity, etc, given the threats so the entire subject was dropped.

      Mike