Re: [ietf-dkim] Base-02 //Deprecated Signature Version & New List

2006-06-22 14:30:57

Douglas Otis wrote:

On Jun 22, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Eric Allman wrote:

There are many reasons I don't like this proposal. Let me start with the easily fixed ones:

(1) Overloading existing tags to add new functionality is absurd. Adding "d" to the end of the version has nothing to do with the version;

Eric's right there IMO.

>> (3) Wasn't the issue of downgrade attacks discussed in Dallas and
>> resolved on the list?  In specific, it was issue 1196 (Upgrade
>> indication and protection against downgrade attacks).  As near as
>> I can tell, the exact same issues that Doug is raising were discussed
>> in this issue, and a frankly much more elegant approach was proposed.
>> Why is this issue alive again?
>
> This issue still needs review.

We have consensus that 1196 [1] is closed. One voice doesn't change
that.

Stephen.

[1] https://rt.psg.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=1196