Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM Agenda Item Safer than SSP

2006-07-06 04:24:19
At 6:20 PM -0700 7/5/06, Douglas Otis wrote:
On Jul 5, 2006, at 5:26 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

It is premature to try to guess how internationalized email addresses will
look or be handled. We should not cover this in DKIM until the work in the
EAI WG is finished.

+1
+1
+1...

Creating critical dependencies on a specific outcome of a difficult and
controversial bit of IETF work -- and especially one with a long history -- is a
really excellent way to fail.

This seems to be a comment against SSP.

Wrong. it is a comment against trying to predict the future and gating our publication on those guesses. We can (should!) remain silent on future changes to email, and then deal with them when they happen. This is how IETF protocol development works.