Re: [ietf-dkim] More on naked CR canonicalization

2006-07-14 17:52:55
On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 04:55:23PM -0700, Michael Thomas allegedly wrote:

In a word, it's very, very real, and I believe that simple
canonicalization will need
to be changed to accommodate this. I just read through RFC 2822 and it
has this

To work around broken mailers? I think not.

A good number of sites reject bare LFs. Also at least the standard
qmail inbound smtp rejects such email. I hope that other well
implemented receivers do the same.

Hopefully the trend to accept any goop is declining rather than
increasing. I expect my inbound SMTP receiver to only present me with
a valid SMTP stream.

Mark.