Re: [ietf-dkim] Which tags are required?

2006-07-18 09:04:56

Barry Leiba wrote:
While we're here, I'll point out something I missed until Paul set this
sentence out separately: the sentence's negative is done badly, leaving
it open to misinterpretation (it looks like it means "if NONE of them
are there").  I think this works better:

"If any tag listed as 'required' in Section 3.5 is missing from the
DKIM-Signature header field, the verifier [...]."

"Omitted" might be better than "missing"; I'm not sure.

+1 to the concern and the approach to alternate wording.

Perhaps:

If the DKIM-Signature header field does not contain one or more of the tags
listed as 'required' in Section 3.5, then the verifier [...]

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking