Re: [ietf-dkim] Requirements on how SSP stuff is found...

2006-07-28 07:26:38

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, Stephen Farrell wrote:

A similar question to the previous one.

Current proposals involve searching for SSP stuff based on
the domain part of an unsigned message's RFC2822.From element.

Are there any other requirements there or is that the only
basis on which we need to be able to search for SSP stuff?

You need to be open to other possibilities and make system easily
extendeable to other identities. My preference would be to encode
identity in the lookup path, so instead of doing lookup on _policy
it would actually be done against _from._policy indicating that
this is record for From header field use policy.

As far as other identities one obvious is email originator which
in current email system model corresponds to Sender: header field
(From if Sender is not present).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks