Re: [ietf-dkim] The URL to my paper describing the DKIM policy options

2006-07-28 14:59:36

On 28 Jul 2006, at 11:55 AM, John L wrote:

If you give your keys to untrustworthy third parties, all bets are off. No amount of extra protocol goop is going to change that.

Scott has raised a different concern. An ISP may not restrict what From is used when signing with the ISP's domain.

In what sense is an ISP who signs mail from random senders who happen to forge your domain not an untrustworthy third party?

I would refer to them as an untrustworthy second party, myself.

It's kinda like saying what happens if the manager of the hotel you're staying at gives the key to your room to someone else. Yes, this is a problem. However, it's beyond the scope of the lockmaker.

        Jon