Re: [ietf-dkim] The URL to my paper describing the DKIM policy options

2006-07-28 11:56:48

On Jul 28, 2006, at 11:23 AM, John Levine wrote:

Yes and what is another customer of the ISP submits mail using my From. in virtually all cases today there is nothing to prevent that.

If you give your keys to untrustworthy third parties, all bets are off. No amount of extra protocol goop is going to change that.

Scott has raised a different concern. An ISP may not restrict what From is used when signing with the ISP's domain. An ISP might also request a confirmation that the sender can receive message at that address before allowing use of the address. The policy expressed at the OA (rfc2822.From) indicates the specific set of signing domains that have been designated as signing on behalf of the OA. This would be independent of who has what keys. This would be strictly a function of the OA policy.

-Doug