Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP additional tag?

2006-08-02 12:37:09
On 8/2/06, william(at)elan.net <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net> wrote:

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Damon wrote:

> It does not matter which server adds the tag, only which server is the
> sending MTA.

DKIM is protocol that does not have much to do with SMTP session.
As I said - to add this feature in you need to have DKIM signature
that will tell you which server added it (which is not that hard at
all and brings number of additional features).

Are you saying the the receiving MTA is not going to know what IP it
received the message from?
or are you saying that there may be multiple receiving MTA's that will each,
in-turn, check the signatures? Here I see it breaking. Could you include
this information in the DKIM header information then?

Mixing DKIM and SPF was where I expected to get flamed- In which case, it
is
> just as easy to set the CIDR's in the DKIM dns entry. While it is
SPF-like
> it doesn't mean this really good idea can't be reused.

CIDR does not make sense with DKIM. Listing of domains or servers does
make sense.

CIDR's would not require many more additional lookups.

Come on William.. how many good arguments do I need to convince you ;)

> Regards,
> Damon
>

> On 8/2/06, william(at)elan.net <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net> wrote:
>>

>> Some people unfortunetly never introduced tag (present for example in
IIM)

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks