[ietf-dkim] Audience for SSP requirements

2006-08-08 10:04:07

Stephen Farrell wrote:

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
OK a new point, the SSP requirements need to be addressed to different
audiences:

1) Authors of software
2) Operators of software.

Hmmm.  I was so struck by the these items being entirely generic, that I missed
a deeper issue:  Who is the requirements document for?

I was under the impression that the requirements document's intended audience is
primarily those specifying the protocol and service.

Other readers are secondary.  For them the document serves as pedogogy about the
nature of the problem that the protocol and service are solving.

In other words, the requirements documents needs to tell US what functional
constraints we must satisfy with a specification that we develop.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking