Re: [ietf-dkim] Delegating responsibility: a make vs. buy design decision

2006-08-17 16:26:45
offlist

Wietse Venema wrote:
     If a signature uses a domain related to the author's domain, then we
have
no SSP issue.  The author's domain is used for assessment.  No SSP query
need be
made.

[Plus a straightforward DNS-based delegation mechanism so that the
author's ISP can use a UNIQUE signing domain that relates directly
to the author's domain]

hence the examble's using isp.author.com, yes?

I like this. This is very close to what I want: signed mail that
speaks for itself, whether it's first-party or third-party signed.
No batteries required.

and just to make sure *I* understand what you mean:  mail signed by the author,
or mail signed by an operator?

d/

--

  Dave Crocker