Re: [ietf-dkim] Delegating responsibility: a make vs. buy design decision

2006-08-17 17:02:06

Wietse Venema wrote:
This was on-list, thus my reply on-list...

sorry 'bout that.  not a big deal, tho.

I like this. This is very close to what I want: signed mail that
speaks for itself, whether it's first-party or third-party signed.
No batteries required.
and just to make sure *I* understand what you mean:  mail signed by the
author,
or mail signed by an operator?

Whether the signing domain is the author's domain (1) or whether
the signing domain is an unrelated domain (2)

(1) Secret key with the author, or delegated to author's ISP.
(2) A mailing list operator, an operator that stamps mail as
"no known virus present", or some other transit service.

right.

   (1) uses a domain directly associated with the author domain.

   (2) uses some other domain (that is associated with the operator doing the
signing.)

d/
--

  Dave Crocker