Re: [ietf-dkim] Delegating responsibility: a make vs. buy design decision

2006-08-21 15:06:20
Scott Kitterman wrote:

OTOH, it seems to me that it's been said Ad Nauseum. Where feasible I agree it's better, but there are operational frictions that will impede this approach in some cases.
What I believe that we've discovered is that this isn't nearly simple as
some people hoped. Doing as little up front as possible so that you
can get operational experience is almost certainly better than guessing --
especially when the guessing wrong is a likely outcome. In this particular
case, I dooubt there will be harm because receivers will always have an
incentive to make better decisions (and hence the desire to upgrade).

      Mike