[ietf-dkim] What community problem is the WG solving?

2006-08-30 13:10:13
Folks,

Amidst the various threads, I have lost track of what functional email problems the working group is trying to solve.

I do not mean "how should SSP work" or "what should be in the requirements document", anything so mundane or detailed.

Rather, all that mundaneness and detail is presumably intended to solve some specific set of email community problems.

What are those problems, specifically?

Do we have rough consensus on what they are and that they need solving right now?

If we don't, then we we are not likely to be able to converge on the details of the mechanisms to do the work.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking