[ietf-dkim] Re: What community problem is the WG solving?

2006-08-30 15:44:19
Dave Crocker wrote:

all that mundaneness and detail is presumably intended to
solve some specific set of email community problems.

What are those problems, specifically?

My POV:  Will DKIM offer something that's _better_ than SID ?

The "crypto timestamp" camp apparently wants something that's
better than SpamCop's algorithm coupled with "query abuse.net".
Also interesting, but a different problem.

Do we have rough consensus on what they are and that they
need solving right now?

That's probably addressed to the Chairs.

Frank