[ietf-dkim] Re: Feature matrix

2006-09-05 19:57:22
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

If you want to do anything complex

Not really, "per user" is unnecessary.  If domain owners with
addresses user(_at_)domain(_dot_)example want to offer this feature, they
can create whatever(_at_)user(_dot_)domain(_dot_)example, ready.  No SASLprep
or Punycode nightmares, please.

For an example how simple that is look at the LHS of my "From".

It's okay if senders do interesting things with local parts,
let them add "!", "%", and what else as they see fit.  But no
other party should be bothered by such schemes.  The %l in SPF
is dubious, I can only hope that it survives whatever EAI does.

Frank