Re: [ietf-dkim] Using mailing list to work through open issues

2006-10-06 10:23:00

On 5 Oct 2006, at 10:14 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:

Folks,

Although it's great fun to schedule a time for everyone to use jabber together, there is nothing preventing our conducting exactly the same style of process over email.

I know that might sound revolutionary, but it used to work pretty well, before IM became popular.

This merely requires that we have a discussion 'chair' who introduces the next topic, provides a bit of on-going oversight, and declares a topic closed when it is.

+2^n-1

We could also set up a separate, moderated list. The moderator could fail to post off-topic messages. It would also permit those of us with daft schedules and travel plans to participate.

The only issue I can think of is whether the protocols associated with that have sufficient standardization. What if, for example, someone were to send a forged message to the moderator.

Please? Could we? It seems to me that not only is Jabber something that discourages participation, as it requires such a meeting to be scheduled along with the rest of life, but it doesn't actually work.

I think a moderated DKIM-issues list might be the best way to handle issues.

        Jon