Re: [ietf-dkim] Using mailing list to work through open issues

2006-10-06 10:36:53

We could also set up a separate, moderated list. The moderator could fail to post off-topic messages. It would also permit those of us with daft schedules and travel plans to participate.

I suggest we simply try to apply the 'meeting' model to the current mailing list. Yes, there will be (potentially many) postings that are off-topic. But a moderated list requires direct intervention of the moderator, for every posting.

That strikes me as more of a burden on the moderator than simply having a "moderator" use the current list to declare topics and offer guidance about getting back on topic, if wandering postings involve more than one or two folks.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking