[ietf-dkim] 1360, "delegation" vs "designation".

2006-10-14 07:59:51
On Thursday 12 October 2006 14:51, DKIM Chair wrote:

We briefly discussed issue 1360, "delegation" vs "designation".  We
appear to have support for this from only two WG participants, and
there are drawbacks in terms of complexity of the protocol.  The
chairs' judgement is that we REJECT this issue.  We'll allow some
further discussion on the mailing list, if the proponents want to
continue it (please put the issue number in the subject line).  Lacking
further discussion, or increased support that would show rough
consensus for adding "designation", we'll ask Eliot to close the issue
as REJECT on 20 Oct.

I think it would be better to leave it in, but the use cases I was
particularly concerned about have been addressed, so I no longer think it's
essential.

Scott K