Re: Issue 1382 (was: Re: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: New resource record type)

2006-10-16 10:04:15
In <45339562(_dot_)5070407(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie> Stephen Farrell
<stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie> writes:

I don't personally know if SSP records are in any way different
from key records, but it does seem to be the case that there is
some general opposition to (re-)using TXT.

Oh, one more point.

For SPF, we were able to obtain acceptance of TXT usage very
grudgingly by giving fairly strong evidence that SPF records are
almost always short and in cases where they weren't short, you can
publish SPF records of "v=spf1 redirect=_spf.%{d}" to put the long SPF
record somewhere else.

For DK/DKIM, the key records are long, but the SSP records ususally
aren't.

We *may* be able to get acceptance of the reuse of TXT for SSP
records.

-wayne