Re: Issue 1382 (was: Re: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: New resource record type)

2006-10-16 07:47:33
On Monday 16 October 2006 10:21, Stephen Farrell wrote:

So I'd suggest that we leave this issue [2] open for now, and come
back to the topic when we've got a concrete protocol on which we
can base the discussion.

Does that sound ok for now?

If that's the best I can get, OK.

I was serious when I said that if we are going to have to cut and deploy a new
RR type for SSP we may as well stop now.  By the time that happens the
internet ecosphere will have routed around the protocol.

From my perspective a new RR type is a showstopper problem.  I'm not sure what
a more concrete proposal for a new RR type might do to change that.

However you want to handle it is fine though,

Scott K