Re: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: New resource record type

2006-10-16 06:01:51
From a requirements standpoint, I'd just assume we not go into this level
of detail. The high level bits of deterministic number of lookups and other
things seem fairly uncontroversial, but the engineering/deployment considerations of the RR problem require a lot more detail and/or experimental evidence to be examined. I don't think that a requirements document is the right venue to run
that debate.

      Mike

Jim Fenton wrote:

Eliot Lear wrote:
Jim,

Fair points.  One possibility, by the way, is that we use the SAME
prefix but simply with new attributes.  That way you get the whole thing
in one shot.
I'm not sure what you have in mind here.  One of the benefits of using a
new RR type is that it may allow us to get away from the use of a prefix
entirely, which in turn may shorten the search process by detecting
nonexistent domains more easily.  I'm not certain how well this
mechanism works, but you can see what I'm talking about in
draft-allman-dkim-ssp-02.

-Jim