[ietf-dkim] New Issue: New resource record type

2006-10-14 08:43:02
This draft mentions the posibility of requiring a new resource record type.
It isn't clear from the draft if the mention is in reference to the idea of
using a new RR type in parallel with TXT for some period or if the idea is
possibly deployment exclusively in the new RR type.

If it's the latter, I think that this would be an extraordinarily bad idea.
In my opinion, if this protocol is going to require a new RR type to go
forward, it will never get deployed.

Recommend a new requirement that the protocol MUST NOT depend solely on a new
DNS RR type just so there won't be any confusion on this.

Scott K