[ietf-dkim] RE: Last Call: 'DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures' toProposed Standard (draft-ietf-dkim-base)

2006-11-20 11:14:33
From: Patrik Fältström [mailto:paf(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]

I do not see any need for reopening this question again. DKIM
need this document, NOW!

But, I personally do hope someone will create a new RR Type
definition for DKIM some day in the future.

I believe that DKIM deployment will drive deployment of DNSSEC which in turn
will drive the type of infrastructure improvements that will make use of new
RRs feasible.

The problem is that we have a chicken and egg situation here. DNSSEC can't
drive DKIM because infrastructure cannot drive functionality. DKIM can only
drive DNSSEC as an upsell.