[ietf-dkim] Future uses of DKIM in Netnews (was: "I sign everything" yes/no)

2006-11-27 09:31:54
Charles Lindsey wrote:

large numbers of posters routinely 'munge' their addresses (hopefully
also adding a '.invalid' at the end), and that will rather defeat the
intentions of DKIM.

I'm not sure what Phil's talking about, but I have usepro-06 in mind,
where you say that pgpverify (for control messages) is not exactly state
of the art.  Maybe a variant of DKIM could replace it (if server admins
got used to the idea because they see it in mail, and if DKIM works as
expected to some degree).

Posters who know how a cancel works and intend to use it, moderators,
TLH admins, and other newgroup/rmgroup users don't munge their address.

Frank