Re: [Fwd: Re: [ietf-dkim] canonicalized null body and dkim]

2006-12-20 09:59:01
Michael Thomas wrote:

No I was not. My code up until very recently was making the same mistake.
What is strongly implied in the current draft offers *superior* robustness in the real world. That is, it is immune to additions *and* deletions of trailing
CRLF's. That is not an appeal to installed base, it's an appeal to a more
robust spec. As it happens, the spec merely needs to make more obvious
what the normative text already says and we will have an improved spec.

What you experienced with the "Alpha Code" out there is normal. Whatever the final outcome, at the end of the day, the official RFC is whats important here and those experiences, insights, etc, needs to be transcribed in the technical specs for the reasons you stated - the NEXT GUY should not have to be dealing with these protocol design questions.

---
HLS