Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue 1365: drop "never send mail"?

2007-02-27 16:12:25
Hector,

Dropping the "never send mail" statement doesn't mean you can't still express the concept. Say "this domain always signs email" and then have no selectors --- all mail that claims to originate from that domain will have an invalid signature.

There may however be a good argument that there is a difference between a message with a bad signature and a message that "cannot exist" in the first place. That might make retaining the concept worthwhile from an expressive standpoint, although there are some feelings (not mine) that such a declaration is out of scope.

eric