Re: [ietf-dkim] 1365 yes/no

2007-03-03 19:40:36
-1 Keep

On 3/2/07, Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:
This is pretty much my observation.

Looking at it in the ternerary terms I suggested for 1368 I would say that the

  ESSENTIAL :     0%
  USEFUL:        30%
  NOT NEEDED:    60%
  OUT OF SCOPE:  10%

NOT NEEDED combines 'NOT USEFUL' and 'OTHER IMPLEMENTATIONS'.

I do want to have the option to return to this on a recharter though. I would
like to see us define a policy infrastructure that is capable of being the sole
authoritative source of policy for outbound SMTP messaging.

To do that I want to first prove proof of utility in the DKIM space then build
on that base.

Farrell