[ietf-dkim] Re: LWSP in base64-encoded public key TXT RR

2007-03-07 12:44:08
At 7:09 PM +0100 3/7/07, Frank Ellermann wrote:
Paul Hoffman wrote:

 maybe Eric could still do a s/LWSP/[FWS]/g in AUTH48
 eliminating LWSP everywhere (?)

 Absolutely not. This is a technical change.

It's IMO more in the direction of an erratum.  Nobody
could claim with a straight face that they need lines
consisting only of white space for their folding magic.

Even if true, it is still a technical change. dkim-base is a standard *today*, even before the RFC is issued. Implementations of *the standard* have already been deployed. You are proposing a change to the way an implementation needs to act.

 > If we tried that, the document would have to go through
 IESG review again.

I thought that this depends on the AD or the shepherd (?)

It is up to the RFC Editor.

Of course I don't want a new IESG review or other delays.

Fully agree.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Domain Assurance Council