Re: [ietf-dkim] New issue: DNS Record type for SSP

2007-04-17 19:12:33
Phill Hallam-Baker has proposed that DKIM policy be queried in two
different ways, in parallel:

As others have noted, that's equivalent to just using the TXT record,
but with twice the queries.

If SSP needs a new RR, it needs one out of the gate.  Given that one
of its largest uses will be "this domain sends no mail", the ability
to wildcard across all one's non-existent subdomains would be rather
important, and you need a new RR to do that.

I looked at the IAB's recent document on wildcards, and I think this
is a situtation where it would agree they're OK.  This isn't a record
type that will point to a host, so there isn't the problem you run
into with wildcarded A or AAAA or even MX records.

R's,
John