[ietf-dkim] Single Organization TXT Lookup with Multiple TXT Records Result

2007-06-02 07:40:10
Doug,

If I catch your drift,  I will be opposed to any IANA or 3rd party
"registry" concept for SSP. Not sure how that relates to RR vs TXT
records SSP question.

Anyway, wild card searches is something, IMO, most systems are simply not going to need. And if required for a larger domain, they simply can create multiple TXT records.

This can be solved very simply with a SSP syntax that has multiple text records concept or one long, with tag or fields or attributes for each sub-domain, if necessary. Right now, a TXT lookup will return all TXT records. So all we need is a single organization domain lookup to obtain all its sub-domain policies.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com