Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Single Organization TXT Lookup with Multiple TXT Records Result

2007-06-04 08:18:31
What I am suggesting is a bit different.  As this label must have a
prefix, why not allow the prefix to associate with another domain via a
hash?  Check the existence of an MX record when no policy record is
found.  When policy record lookup fails and the MX record exists (we are
at two transactions), a third lookup could be for
_dkim-all.<email-address-domain> to determine whether a lack of an
association is acceptable.

This approach represents the same number of transactions as suggested by
Phillip, but also provides a means to curtail a replay-abuse and
broken-signature bounce problem.  Doing this now ensures at most one
additional transaction occurs.  This seems well worth it.

Doug,

Interesting idea. Can you provide an example of how this would work IRL?
I am confused about the "hash".

Regards,
Damon