Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP issues

2007-06-05 09:03:42
Jim Fenton wrote:
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
From: Jim Fenton [mailto:fenton(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]
I'm not clear on what "only do TXT" means in this context -- do you mean a directly referenced TXT record or one retrieved via an XPTR lookup or both?
The policy record is only expressed using TXT
The discovery process being first look for TXT, if that is not find look for an
XPTR and if found a TXT of the XPTR node.

This is apparently the central issue where I didn't understand your
proposal.  I thought you always looked up the XPTR first, but I see that
is not the case.

Is the rule then to always publish the prefixed TXT record, even if an
XPTR is also published, since some verifiers may not be able to support
XPTR?

I'm similarly confused. Is it possible to make a ladder diagram or
something akin to it so that we can grok the flow? And also: I'm still
completely confused by how any new RR, XPTR or otherwise, is going to
get around the lack of what is being called ** wildcards. Is the
proposal is that we define this new RR to specifically _be_ that kind
of wildcardable RR?

                Mike