RE: [ietf-dkim] Tracing SSP's paradigm change

2007-12-07 03:46:19

... but this working group has  people who are prepared to spend
a lot of time to shout down those they disagree with, leading to an
unproductive and unprofessional environment. I find the lack of
courtesy and professionalism here unpleasant enough that I tend
not to get involved much, even though I see very poor design
decisions being made.
ironically enough while i disagree with steve on most aspects of SSP, i
feel the exact same way regarding his comments above.

(of particular frustration to me has been a large number of posts
stating "SSP dictates receiver actions", etc.)

it is quite clear the unmovable object and irresistable force have met
in the form of diametrically opposed opinions on SSP that will not be
changing. and this has led to unproductive and unprofessional
discussions.

It's unavoidable to some degree - any mention of "antispam" tends
to bring the noisy kooks out of the woodwork - but it's not going to
lead to a well-engineered, useful protocol.
again i agree but i think one man's antispam kook is another man's
rational thinker. the same goes for useful protocols.

pat