Re: [ietf-dkim] Draft summary of SSP functionality -v2

2007-12-11 06:48:43

Dave Crocker wrote:

I am asking for feedback.  I didn't ask for it to be a working group
item or for consensus.

Understood.

The document attempts a factual description of SSP.  With references
like "rfc2822.From" it rather clearly is not a "marketing" document.

IMO its in-between.

You might have noticed that there is some disparity of views about basic
aspects of SSP and even about SSP's purpose.  You might also have
noticed that some holders of views strongly disagree with my own.

The first point should worry a working group chair about the basic
credibility of claiming working group consensus on the specification.
One would think that a working group chair would welcome an exchange
that might ensure commonality of understanding about basic aspects of
SSP facts.

Yes. That's why I'd rather that we focus on the document, not on
external text. If you were proposing new text for the introduction
then it'd be right on the mark, as-is, I worry that it'll be
distracting.

The second point should makes it useful for me to gather comments from
this list, before I circulate a purportedly factual description of SSP
to others.

Fair enough to do that, after we have WG consensus. For now, its
a little premature.

Stephen.