Re: threat modeling & use cases (was RE: [ietf-dkim] Tracing SSP'sparadigm change

2007-12-13 20:40:31

Jim Fenton wrote:
Steve Atkins wrote:
Well, without knowing what threats SSP is supposed to mitigate, it's
impossible to start analyzing how well it does so. So identifying the
threats
certainly can't be the last step, and I can't actually think of anything
that comes before that.

Where would you start?

RFC 5016.

Jim,

Normally, a requirements doc like 5016 comes after a problem description, not before. A threats analysis is a problem description.

I read Steve's query as being about threats, not requirements.

As for RFC 4686, it says very little about the threats that SSP is expected to mitigate.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking