RE: threat modeling & use cases (was RE: [ietf-dkim] Tracing SSP'sparadigm change

2007-12-12 18:38:14
Steve Atkins wrote:

The first step would be a group consensus on what the threats are
("what SSP is supposed to be for"), or at least a superset of what
most people think.

Actually, I think that's the LAST step.  My hypothesis is that different
types of signers and/or verifiers (different use cases) perceive
different threats.

Hector Santos wrote:

When I wrote the (now expired I-D) I-D DSAP (DKIM Sender Authorization
Protocol) draft:

http://www.isdg.net/public/ietf/drafts/draft-santos-dkim-dsap-00.html
http://www.isdg.net/public/ietf/drafts/draft-santos-dkim-dsap-00.txt

the main reason was to officially highlight the concerns and hopefully
they would be considered for SSP.

Thanks, this'll be a great starting point.  Now I just hope I can find
the time....