Re: [ietf-dkim] Tracing SSP's paradigm change

2007-12-09 09:52:58

Michael Thomas wrote:
  The feedback is always of the nature of this is wrong, not what will
  correct the problem. When I raise issues, I suggest a change to make
  the spec better. If you don't suggest concrete changes to the draft,
  it's really sort of hard to take you or anybody else seriously.

Michael, you must be reading different postings than I am.

First, you seem to forget that an observation that something is broken is valid on its own. It does not require that the speaker also propose a solution, merely that they make a sufficient case of brokenness. Getting a proposed solution is always encouraged, but dismissing concerns that come independent of solutions is a good way to dismiss real issues.

Second, many postings have had concrete suggestions. So, your saying "always" suggests that you are missing either entire messages or significant portions of their content.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking