RE: [ietf-dkim] Re: ISSUE 1525 -- Restriction to posting by firstAuthor breaks email semantics

2008-01-16 13:50:27

From: nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:07:18 +0100
Subject: [ietf-dkim] Re: ISSUE 1525 -- Restriction to posting by firstAuthor
breaks email semantics

If "SSP strict" is bound to the "first author" it's DOA. :-(

I fail to see why we should create an RFC only working for
PayPal & Co. - especially while they are still too timid to
use FAIL in their SPF or PRA policies.  SSP "first author"
would be far more restrictive than anything SPF or PRA do.

 Frank

You seem to be asserting here that saying " I know what MTA will deliver my
messages to you" and "All mail for which the author is in my administrative
domain" are semantically equivalent assertions. If SSP were intended to say
something about who could validly transmit those messages I could see that but
since it is a policy for how I expect mail from authors within my domain to
behave I don't see a useful relationship between how confident someone can be
in their SPF record and how confident they can be in their SSP assertions.