Re: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: SSP version numbers

2008-01-16 16:38:22

On Jan 16, 2008, at 3:19 PM, Michael Thomas wrote:

Considering that this draft is already pretty different than the
original pre-ietf version, and it's likely to change more before
we issue an RFC, can we please have a version number in the RR
so that the software can track the changes?

I'm happy with the way that DKIM did it, ie pre-rfc v=SSP0.n
where n == draft number, and rfc is v=SSP1.

We'd need to specify recipient behaviour in the case of
unrecognized versions too.

Cheers,
  Steve