[ietf-dkim] Re: Using SUBMITTER (RFC 4405) as a SSP discovery

2008-01-24 10:56:56
Hector Santos wrote:

Frank can tell us more here.
LOL, and tempt the coauthor of 4405, 4871, 5068, SSP, etc.
(including a book on my shelf) to ask me what I'm smoking ?

Well, I don't know what you are smoking, but do you think
SUBMITTER can help here?

I have a THING with any EEE "embrace, extend, and extinguish"
strategy as attempted in RFC 4406 3.4, fortunately a miserable
failure.  An attempted unfriendly takeover of 4405 SUBMITTER,
clearly designed for PRA, wouldn't be better.

If you only want a *similar* concept (mutatis mutandis) it is
a technical question.  It might be hard to get the significant
deployment of an AUTHORS (if that's the name) SMTP extension
making it worthwhile.  But I can't judge this, I can't guess,
you don't need me to toss a coin.  Ask Eric, and tell us what
your SUBMITTER experiences with Wildcat! are.

 Frank