[ietf-dkim] Re: from'less 2822 messages

2008-01-28 10:26:42
Tony Finch wrote:

As far as a "sender policy" is concerned, IPv4 1.2.3.4 can't
have an SPF (or TXT) record, and therefore it's pointless to
talk about it in RFC 4408.

Put them under in-addr.arpa next to the PTR record.

The RIRs asked MARID to stay away from such ideas, and for the
purposes of RFC 4408, which boils down to a rather convoluted
way to classify IPs as "verboten" or permitted, it was anyway
irrelevant.

For SSP I also don't see it yet, and with its attitude towards
RFC 2822 SSP can as well judge domain literals as "suspicious",
and I can contribute my favourite RFC 822 quote for this stunt:

| Note:  THE USE OF DOMAIN-LITERALS IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED.  It
|        is  permitted  only  as  a means of bypassing temporary
|        system limitations, such as name tables which  are  not
|        complete.

 Frank