Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-02.txt and ASP

2008-02-01 17:39:27
Michael Thomas wrote:
Wietse Venema wrote:
In my opinion, as one of the authors listed on the ASP draft, SSP-02
is close enough in spirit to ASP that I could live with either.

The protocol is extensible. Let's gain experience with this basic
protocol and let experience teach us where extensions will be useful.

I have to say that I _really_ like discardable... I wish I'd thought of that in the requirements draft as it really captures the jist of what I was trying to get at.

You mean that the careful semantics that we tried to use, in not directly saying what we wanted or what was really going to to happen with 'suspicious or non-compliant" was a problem?

I see no difference in SSP::DKIM=STRICT or ASP::DKIM=DISCARDABLE, other than one was "beating around the bunch" but all verifiers know what was the ultimate outcome and this other is being more specific.

This is really all very strange.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO