Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-02.txt and ASP

2008-02-01 18:35:39

On Feb 1, 2008, at 4:04 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:

In my opinion, as one of the authors listed on the ASP draft, SSP-02
is close enough in spirit to ASP that I could live with either.

Yup. I think the ASP draft expresses things with a little more clarity, avoiding confusion by implementors, but the explicit statements by each are much the same.

The protocol is extensible. Let's gain experience with this basic
protocol and let experience teach us where extensions will be useful.

Also it does provide the main things that potential relevant users of SSP
have been asking for. And it's simple enough to sign off on and deploy
without another six months of bickering over details.

Cheers,
  Steve