forgeries (Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-02.txt and ASP)

2008-02-05 10:39:15

MH Michael Hammer (5304) wrote:
2) I'm surprised that Dave hasn't commented regarding A.3 and the use of
the phrase "forgeries". I'm still ameniable if we can collectively come
up with a better term for the practice involved.

OK. Looks like the +1/-1 postings on the basic ASP/SSP changes has stabilized. So maybe it's ok to comment on specifics.

And since this is one specifically queried:

The use of the word 'forgery' in both ASP and the latest SSP drafts do intend to refer to unauthorized uses of the domain. I think the wording of the paragraphs might be better -- the drafts use almost the same language -- but at least the intent matches the semantics of the word.

Whether any of this will have any effect on any meaningful amount of 'forging' is an entirely separate matter and one that I think we have thrashed to death. I don't see any benefit in thrashing it past death...

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking